Techniques for Anxiety, Pain, and Memory Reconsolidation
Strategies for Attachment & Complex Trauma
- This event has passed.
New Rules for Treating Trauma- Nanuet, NY
October 25, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm$199.99
Were you taught to use medication, CBT, exposure and other traditional therapy approaches to treat trauma? Did you know that these approaches are limited when it comes to healing trauma at the deeper, emotional level of the brain?
Come to my workshop, I’ll provide you with step-by-step instructions and techniques you can use in each phase of trauma treatment. This is the only trauma training that specifically gives you skills in the phenomena of memory reconsolidation. Let me show you why memory reconsolidation is necessary for effectively and permanently healing trauma. I will give you a simple protocol to use to reconsolidate a traumatic memory in as little as one session!
Don’t get the impression that you have to get lengthy, expensive training and certification in certain modalities in order to be able to successfully treat trauma. My workshop will let you walk away knowing exactly what to do to help your clients reclaim their lives after trauma!
- Assess how emotional trauma is processed in the brain.
- Distinguish why exposure techniques alone are not enough to relieve post-traumatic stress symptoms.
- Identify the 3 phases of trauma informed treatment.
- Describe the recent neuroscience discoveries regarding memory reconsolidation and its implications for treating trauma.
- List the 5 steps that all evidence-based trauma therapies have in common and how to apply them to safely and painlessly reconsolidate traumatic memories.
- Utilize two experiential techniques that can be used to resource, uplift, and empower clients and diminish feelings of shame and helplessness.
- Apply two interventions you can use to help clients reconnect to a healthy sense of self, relationships, and the world.