Techniques for Anxiety, Pain, and Memory Reconsolidation
Strategies for Attachment & Complex Trauma
- This event has passed.
Healing Trauma Through the Emotional Brain
April 15, 2016 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm$195
Surprising neuroscience discoveries have revealed essential keys for healing traumatic memories that are changing the way therapists treat trauma. In this workshop, participants will receive up-to-date information regarding these exciting brain science discoveries and learn how to apply them within the 3-phase model of trauma treatment. More specifically, participants will learn a simple 5-step protocol they can use to safely and painlessly resolve traumatic memories while uplifting and empowering their clients. This protocol can also be used to reduce drug cravings and promote substance abuse recovery for individuals with substance abuse concerns as it affects the same neurological areas that hold traumatic memories.
You will learn:
- How emotional trauma is processed in the brain.
- Explain why exposure techniques alone are not enough to relieve post-traumatic stress symptoms such as flashbacks, nightmares, and hyperarousal states.
- Name the 3-phases of trauma informed treatment.
- The recent neuroscience discoveries regarding memory reconsolidation and its implications for treating both trauma and substance abuse.
- List the 5-steps that all evidence-based trauma therapies have in common and how to apply them safely and painlessly to reconsolidate traumatic memories.
- Demonstrate at least 2 experiential techniques that can be used to resource, uplift, and empower clients and diminish feelings of shame and helplessness.
Click here to download the registration form and fax or mail with your payment to Gail House at Pine Ridge Health Centre. (Gail’s contact information is on the registration form.)